East Meadow Shopping Center
www.zacharyspartys.com (516) 794-9770
Labor Day Weekend is typically marked with lots of celebrations including BBQ’s, picnics and pool parties.
Don’t show up to the gathering empty-handed! Here are a few recipes that will surely be a hit! Not only are they delicious, but they serve a large group of people so there will be plenty to go around!
Who doesn’t enjoy spinach and artichoke dip? This recipe is simple and only takes 35 minutes from start to finish.
Prepare 2 cups parmesan cheese; 1 box frozen chopped spinach-thawed or 10 ounces fresh spinach; 1 can (14 ounces) of artichoke hearts drained and chopped thinly; 2/3 cup sour cream; 1 cup cream cheese (nothing’s better then Philadelphia Cream Cheese whipped!); ½ cup mayonnaise (Hellmann’s Light) ; 2 teaspoons of garlic chopped really fine!
- - Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- - Mix together the Parmesan cheese, spinach and artichoke hearts
- - Combine the remaining ingredients and then add to the spinach mixture
- - Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes
- - Serve with crackers or bread (lots of people like it with toasted bread!)
Prepare ¼ cup craisins (Ocean Spray Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries flavored ones are delicious!); 1 tablespoon sugar; 2 tablespoons water; ½ cup brandy; 1 bottle (75-ml) dry red wine chilled; 3 cups cranberry pomegranate juice drink chilled (Ocean Spray Cran-Pomegranate is perfect!); 1 cup orange juice chilled (Tropicana Low Pulp); 1 orange thinly sliced (don’t peel!); 1 bottle club soda.
- - Combine sweetened dried cranberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes (or until the sugar is dissolved)
- - Stir in brandy, and let cool
- - Combine mixture with wine, cranberry pomegranate juice and orange juice together in a large pitcher
- - Add orange slices and mix well
- - Stir in Club Soda before serving and enjoy!