East Meadow Shopping Center
www.zacharysandaura.com (516) 794-9770
With the summer quickly approaching, it’s easy to assume that you’ll be attending a lot of cocktail parties. Once the music starts playing, glasses are clinking and conversations are happening all over, it’s hard to focus on the one conversation you’re engaged in.
Here are some tips on how to stay focused and in the zone at your next cocktail party!
1. Most importantly, simply pay attention!
2. Recognize your limitations. The brain can only fully attend to one thing at a time, so skip the multitasking!
3. Make your senses work together. If you’re trying to listen to someone else speak in a loud room, look directly at the person you’re speaking too and at nothing else.
4. Focus on what’s important. Use your observational powers! Training and practice do help!
5. Allocate blocks of time to specific tasks. Sometimes when you give people a deadline, it can force people to focus and get a job done.