Do you ever feel overwhelmed when planning a party? It's not unusual if you do, since the party planning process can often be intimidating. But, what if party planning was made easy? The good news is...it can be! Thanks to HGTV, we've collected tips from an experienced party planner to help you plan and host a party with no stress involved:
- Get Organized: Before getting into details, create a checklist for yourself that outlines every task that must be accomplished in order for your party to be a success. Also keep a list of any supplies that must be bought, as well as a guest list that includes contact information and their RSVPs.
- Create a Theme: Important events can be even more exciting when a theme is involved. Be creative and transform your venue to set the mood for your party. Remember, there are endless theme possibilities.
- Send Invitations: While the Internet is becoming a popular outlet for notifying guests about a party, there's nothing like recieving a personalized invitiation in the mail. Search your area for a local stationary company to help or be creative and make your own.
- Offer a Self-Serve Bar: If you plan on includng a bar at your party, try setting up a self serve bar so guests can create their own drinks. Also, place other drink options by the door so guests can get started on mingling right away.
- Create Your Own Drink: Spice up your party by creating at least one specialty cocktail of your own. When figuring out how much you'll need, assume that each guest will consume one alcoholic drink per hour.
- Keep Appetizers Simple: Depending on your party, serving horderves may be more appetizing than a sit-down dinner. Not only is this approach less formal, but it also allows guests to sample lots of different options and encourages interaction all night long. For a quick fix, use ready-made ingredients instead of making them from scratch.
- Prepare a Kids Table: If you know you'll have little ones running around, it's a good idea to set up a separate area where they can have their own fun. Including a table where kids can color and make crafts is sure to keep them occupied - at least for a little while!
- Keep Settings Simple: Your table setting doesn't have to be complicated; simply tying the silverware with nice ribbon is enough to set the scene.
- Relax: Give yourself an hour before your guests arrive to freshen up and relax. Your feel good mood is sure to bring out the same in your guests.
- Favors: Providing guests with a favor at the end of the night is a simple way of saying thank you. While sometimes it's nice to splurge on your favors, homemade baked goods can be more personal and are sure to be appreciated by your guests.
Here at Zacharys we understand how stressful planning a party can be. Let us help you! From your menu to decorations, entertainment and dessert, our caterers and planners can handle all of the details to ensure your party runs as smoothly as possible.
Don't wait, call us today at 516-794-9770.